Date, Time, Place
When is Neon Lights 2019 happening?
Neon Lights 2019 is a two-day festival on Saturday, 23rd November and Sunday, 24th November. Gates open at 1pm.
Where is Neon Lights Festival 2019?
Fort Canning Green at the Fort Canning National Park, Singapore.
What is the best time to arrive at the Festival?
Gates open at 1pm and we encourage you to come in the afternoon to enjoy the full festival offerings and avoid the evening crowd at the entrance. There are also happy hour promotions happening from 1pm to 6pm. The early bird catches the worm, don’t say we didn’t say!
What time does the Festival end?
The Festival ends at 11.30pm each day.
What if it rains at the Festival?
The show must go on! Neon Lights is a rain or shine festival, so do come with ponchos and sun protection. In the event of rain, ponchos are available on-site for purchase (while stocks last) at S$2 at the Info Booth located within the festival grounds.
Where can I get tickets?
Can I buy tickets even though I don’t live in Singapore?
Yes, definitely! Just use the links listed in the previous question.
What else should I know before I purchase the tickets?
Children aged 2 and below do not require a ticket. Tickets may be subject to a booking fee depending on the ticketing agent you choose.
How many tickets can I buy at one go?
As many as you wish! We have a group discount of 6 for 5, i.e. purchase 6 adult tickets at the price of 5 adult tickets.
Are there VIP tickets available?
Yes! VIP tickets come with:
- S$24 worth of pre-loaded tokens that can be spent at the Festival
- Dedicated entry queues to fast-track your admission into the Festival
- Access to the VIP only balcony area with a steller vantage point of the main stage
- Private bar and selected food outlets and
- Of course, the all-important dedicated restrooms
If you have already purchase your adult general admission passes, you can upgrade your passes by topping up S$99 for a 1-day VIP pass and S$175 for a 2-day weekend pass.
Ticketflap ticket holders will be sent an email offering the VIP pass upgrade. For SISTIC ticket holders, please contact them at their hotline (65) 6348 5555.
Child ticket holders enjoy complimentary VIP access with accompanying VIP ticket holder.
For more information, click here
When does online ticket sales end?
All online ticket sales have ended.
Tickets are now only available at the door from 1pm onwards. VIP passes and child tickets for Saturday 23rd November are sold out.
Will tickets be available at the door?
There will be a limited number of tickets available for purchase at the door at the following prices::
VIP passes and child passes for Saturday 23rd November are sold out and no longer available.
Accepted modes of payment for tickets purchased at the door are NETS and Master/Visa debit/credit cards.
What happens if I lose my ticket?
You will have to bear any administrative charges associated with the re-printing of your ticket(s).
Where can I find the Neon Lights Festival and ticket terms & conditions?
Full Festival and Ticket Terms & Conditions can be found here.
How do I get to the Festival?
We encourage you to take the MRT and alight at Dhoby Ghaut Station, Exit B. Cross over to Penang Road, turn left and keep a lookout for the tunnel leading to Fort Canning Park. It should take you about 10 minutes to get to the Park.
If you are coming by taxi or private hire cars, you can drop off at the Fort Canning Car Park A and walk from there.
Can I drive to the Festival?
We encourage you to take public transport instead as there are limited parking lots available. Plus, it’s friendlier for the environment!
However, should you really wish to drive, there are parking lots available at the Singapore Management University, The Substation and the National Museum of Singapore.
How do I enter the Festival with my ticket?
You’ll receive a RFID wristband when you scan your e-ticket/ticket at the Festival entrance.
Is re-entry allowed at the Festival?
Re-entry is allowed once you have exchanged your ticket for your RFID wristband on initial entry. Wristbands that have been tampered with or that have been removed will be confiscated and you will not be allowed to re-enter the festival site. Last (re-)entry will be 30 minutes after the last act goes on the main stage.
Is there an age limit?
Neon Lights is an all-ages festival. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult (max 2 under-18s with 1 adult) and they are not permitted to purchase nor consume alcohol.
Please note that the Festival has a Classification Rating of Advisory 16 (Some Mature Content and Course Language).
Will I get my identification checked?
ID checks will be conducted throughout the Festival. Everybody is required to present a valid ID and the Festival reserves the right to deny entry or evict any persons who fail to comply with the Festival and ticket terms and conditions.
Is there a bag check at entry?
Yes there will be a bag check and we recommend not to bring large bags to speed up the process.
Please note that there are no locker or bag deposit services available at the Festival and any items that are not allowed into the Festival will be disposed of at the entrance. Please check our Festival Do and Don’ts for the list of prohibited items.
RFID wristband and top up
What is cashless?
Cashless is a payment system that makes Festival transactions faster and easier. You will receive a RFID wristband that you can top up with the money that you plan to spend and then use it anywhere inside the Festival area to purchase F&B, merchandise and other festival offerings. At the end of the festival, any remaining balance of S$10 or more can be recovered online between 1st December to 10th December 2019, 11.59pm.
Inside the Festival, your wristband is the only accepted payment method. There are no cash transactions (including using cash to top-up wristbands).
Is cashless safe?
Yes, your wristband is protected by a highly secure encryption that makes it impossible to copy or steal the credit and all the information stored on it.
Does my wristband have an expiration date?
Your wristband will be valid for the entire duration of the Festival and you can use it as many times as you want. For 2-day pass holders, only 1 wristband will be issued upon your initial entry on 23rd November. Please keep the wristband on till the festival is over on 24th November. You will require this wristband for re-entry.
How do I top up my wristband?
There are top up points conveniently located throughout the Festival grounds. Top ups can be made using Mastercard, VISA, NETS or FavePay. Top up points close at 11.15pm each day.
I have not used FavePay before. Can you tell me more?
FavePay is a cashless mobile payment method - all you need is your mobile phone and the Fave app. First time FavePay users can enjoy $5 off when they top up a minimum of $80 at the Festival (first top up transaction only).
How much should I top up into my wristband?
The minimum top up amount is S$1 and the maximum amount is S$800 each time. We suggest you top up sufficient credit on your wristband to avoid having to go back to the top up points multiple times.
What can I buy with my wristband?
You can use it to purchase F&B, merchandise and other festival offerings.
How do I check the balance on my wristband?
At the point of purchase, you can check the balance on your wristband before/after each transaction. Alternatively, you can also go to the Info Booth to inquire about your wristband balance.
What happen if I don’t have enough credit on my wristband?
If the balance on your wristband is insufficient for the item you wish to purchase, please top up your wristband credit at any of the top up points first.
How can I get an online refund?
- Online refunds are processed by iGo.
- Download the iGo app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Refunds are available from 1st December 10am to 10th December 2019 11.59pm. You will only be able to add your wristband serial number into the iGo app during this period to process the refund. Your wristbands will not be recognized for refunds registration before 1st December 10am.
- Each refund will take up to 15 - 20 business days to process.
- A minimum balance of S$10 is required to be eligible for the refund,
- iGO charges a S$3 processing fee for each refund.
- Please note that any pre-loaded tokens that come with your ticket are not eligible for refunds. Only credit topped up at the Festival itself is eligible for refunds.
iGo App: How-To
- Download the iGo App either from the Apple App Store or from the Google Play Store
- Sign up for an iGo account and login to the app
- In the menu, click on “My Events RFID” and click on “Add RFID”
- Limited to 1 RFID Tag per Account per Event***
- Either scan the QR Code printed at the back of your RFID wristband, or key in the serial number at the back of the RFID wristband to register it with your account.
- Once the RFID wristband has been registered to your account, the initial status will be set to Pending. Your balance will only be updated after the event organizer has consolidated their accounts at the end of the event. This usually takes between 7-10 business days.
- Once the balance has been updated, you will see it reflected in the Wallet Screen of the iGo app.
- From here, you can carry the credits forward and use it to purchase tickets for your next event or you can withdraw your credits. A SGD $3 admin fee is applicable to withdrawals.
- Please note that withdrawal of credits to your bank account on average is 15-20 business days to process. Depending on your bank this could be longer, and should reflect in your next bank statement.
*** Limit of 1 RFID Tag Per Account Per Event. The iGo wallet is a personal/singular account downloaded and registered to one person. Registering of a RFID Tag post event is meant for the person whom used/worn the RFID Tag during the event. As a wristband is placed on the wrist of (1) person for use, it is considered individual. For this reason, you can only register (1) wristband per iGo account, per event. For multiple wristbands, sign out of the app and sign in with a different email address (signifying a different account) and you would be able to add a new (single) band. Bands must be redeemed within 4 months of the last event day or your balance will be forfeited.
Please click here to be directed to the official iGO page.
Why does the iGO refund show a lower balance than what was remaining at the end of the festival?
Any pre-loaded tokens that come with your ticket are not eligible for refunds. Only credit that was topped up at the Festival itself is eligible for refunds. iGO also charges a S$3 processing fee for each refund.
What happens if I lose my wristband?
Losing your wristband is like losing your wallet, so remember to secure it properly to your wrist. If it is lost, please go to the Info Booth and request for a new one. You’ll need to produce your Festival ticket to be issued a new wristband. Your new wristband will not recover any of the balance credit from the previous wristband. The lost wristband becomes invalid once the new one is activated. There is no replacement fee for the new wristband.
Is my wristband water resistant?
Yes, sun and rain are not a problem for your wristband.
Will my child have a wristband too?
Yes! Please flash your e-tickets to exchange for a RFID wristband for your child/children. In addition, parents can obtain an extra wristband from the Info Booth, located within the Festival grounds. Parents can write their names and contact numbers on these wristbands which their child/children can wear so that Festival staff can help to facilitate and locate the parents in case the young one gets lost.
Dos & Don'ts
What should I bring to the Festival?
Our recommended checklist:
- Your ticket/wristband
- Valid photo ID
- Master/Visa debit/credit card and NETs card
- Mobile phone
- Sensible clothing and shoes
- Sunscreen, shades, hats, ponchos
- Ear Plugs (kids’ ear plugs are available for free at the Info Booth within festival grounds, while stocks last)
- Insect repellent
- Hand sanitizer and baby wipes
- Positive vibes + a good attitude
What am I not allowed to bring into the Festival?
- Your own food and drinks. Our licenced foodstalls and bars at the Festival come well stocked with mouth-watering delights and thirst quenchers. All drinks bought at the Festival are to be consumed within the Festival grounds.
- Water Bottles (refillable or otherwise)
- Professional cameras (i.e. those with detachable lens), professional audio/video recording devices (tripods, monopods, sliders and gimbals) and drones
- Drugs and illegal substances
- Pets except for guide dogs
- Skateboard, rollerblades, PMDs, bicycles and other personal vehicles
- Chairs, bean bags or any other furniture
- Weapons, fires, fireworks, sparklers and any other flammables
- Water pistols, laser lights and pens
- Any other potentially hazardous and dangerous items
Can I bring my camera?
No professional cameras (i.e. those with a detachable lens), professional audio/video recording devices (including tripods, monopods, sliders and gimbals) and drones are permitted. Point and shoot cameras and mobile phones are fine.
Are baby strollers allowed?
Yes they are allowed. Please be considerate and leave baby strollers in places where they will not obstruct traffic.
I lost something at the Festival. What should I do?
We are very sorry to hear that! Please proceed to the Info Booth located within the Festival grounds to see if the lost item has been found. If it is not, please leave your name, contact details and a description of the lost item with our friendly staff at the counter. Alternatively, please email us the information at [email protected] We will get in touch with you should the item be located. While every effort will be made to locate the lost item, we are not able to be held accountable for the loss.
Line-Up & Programme
Is the line-up the same each day?
The music line up is completely different each day, although some of the acts will appear on both days. Please browse this website to get more details on the artist line-up.
Where can I find information about the Neon Nooks arts programme?
This year’s Nooks explores the cycle and treatment of discarded objects and we invite festival-goers to reflect upon our hyper-consumerist culture through the representation of waste, alienation, as well as the necessity of resourcefulness within an urban context. For more information , please click here.
Where can I find information about the Neon Kids programme?
Neon Lights is a family friendly festival. This year’s Neon Kids revels in the notion of ‘play’ and DIY ethics. For more information, please click here.
Where can I find the Festival schedule and map?
Please follow our website and social media channels for updates.
Food & Drinks
Are there food and drinks available at the Festival?
Yes, being hungry is not an option at Neon Lights! This year’s food offerings are housed in The Market area within the Festival grounds. There will be 9 food stalls and 4 bars, all offering menus that have been specially curated for the Festival, offering everything from contemporary Turkish kebabs, Middle Eastern inspired bites, Scandinavian & Asian inspired hotdogs, Mexican tacos, donburi, sliders to artisanal ice-cream sandwiches. Click here for more details.
Are there halal food options?
Yes, please look out for 21 Sliders and Chix Hot Chicken which uses 100% halal certified ingredients.
Are there vegan/vegetarian food options?
Yes, please look out for Taste of Kult x Kult Kafe which will be offering a full vegan and vegetarian menu. Select stalls will also have a vegetarian option on their menus.
I heard there are happy hour promotions. Can you tell me more?
Be very happy! The below promotions will run from 1 - 6pm:
Jim Beam Highball promotion
- Upon entry, you will receive a drink coupon to redeem for a $6 Jim Beam Highball at the Jim Beam Highball Refreshment Bar.
Buy 3 Get 1 promotion
- Purchase 3 drinks and get the fourth one free at any of our bars. Applicable for Jim Beam Highball, Tiger Crystal and/or Strongbow Ciders only.
What are the privileges I can enjoy with my Neon Lights ticket?
We have worked with our partners and friends to offer various promotions for all festival-goers. Please click here for the list of available promotions.
Other Useful Information
Is there a baby diaper change area at the Festival?
Yes, a diaper change area is available in The Haven. Please check the on-site map for directions.
Are there any Artist/Festival merchandise available for purchase?
Yes, we have limited quantities of artist and Festival merchandise available for purchase at the Info Booth. Purchase the merchandise early to avoid disappointment when they are sold out!
Join The Team
How can I work at Neon Lights?
If you have 3-5 years’ experience in outdoor music festivals/events in Singapore, we would like to hear from you as we are always looking to expand our Neon Lights family! Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
How to contact us
I am an artist who wants to perform at Neon Lights, who do I get in touch with?
The line-up for Neon Lights 2019 is finalized. If you are interested in future editions of the Festival, please send an email with samples of your work (or links to them) to [email protected] with “2020 Music Line Up/ <Artist Name> in the subject line.
Please be patient as we may not be able to respond until 2020.